I must admit, for about 5 minutes I was mesmerized by Newt Gingrich and his debating skills. He does come across as a problem solver who has an idea, good or bad, to address just about every issue that faces our country. He speaks with confidence and has done very well in just about every debate. But when you really break it down to brass tacks, the one word that comes to mind to describe Gingrich is, slick. He is one slick politician for sure. Problem is, we have enough of them already in Washington whoring themselves out to every special interest and lobbyist there is. If we nominate Newt to represent the GOP, we might as well just stay home on election day 2012 because we already have a slick politician in the White House and we all see what that’s gotten us.
Here are a few facts about Mr. Newt that you should be aware of before you decide to show him any support. After you read these, head on over to the website that I’ll link to at the bottom of this post for even more fun facts about one of the most progressive Republicans of our time. I was turned on to this site just yesterday and I must say that my jaw hit the floor after getting to know the real Newt Gingrich.
- Newt said in the mid 1990′s that women aren’t fit for combat because they get an infection once a month.
- He is the first Speaker of the House EVER to have been found guilty of a congressional ethics charge. (Remember, the GOP controlled the house then so you can’t blame it all on the Dems.)
- Gingrich has stated numerous times that his favorite president and or politician of the 20th century is FDR. Funny, that’s Obamas as well.
- Newt believes in man made global warming. Yeah, I know he said that sitting on the couch with Nancy Pelosi was the dumbest thing he ever did but the fact of the matter is, he did it.
- Mr. Newt has stated on more then one occasion that he believes in a mandate wherein everybody must have health insurance. He also has stated that he is for the rich paying for the heath insurance, at least in part, for the poor.
- When Newt was elected as a member of congress, he was a history teacher making a very modest salary. When he left congress, he was a millionaire. I didn’t know the job paid that well.
Powered by Facebook Comments
May 7, 2013 //
New video by the RNC about how Terry McAuliffe (McAwful) treats his wife. What a wonderful example o...
April 30, 2013 //
The sore losers are on the emotional politics rampage. There was nothing "rigged" about the process....
April 26, 2013 //
Recently in Lynchburg we had a "lockdown" situation that involved 2 "suspicious" men. No guns. No ro...
February 28, 2013 //
Make no mistake, an expansion of the state’s Medicaid program carries with it a price tag, a very la...