As I write this post, I am watching the president give his speech in which he will announce to the nation how he plans to cut the deficit that he helped create along with the Democrats and Republicans over the past several years. Don’t worry about subjecting yourself to all the mental anguish associated with watching Obama talk, I shall make the sacrifice so you don’t have too. Besides, we all know he is going to place the blame for this mess on past presidents with an “R” after their name and of course, the rich and selfish American’s who never seem to pay their fair share of taxes while women and children are hardest hit.
Here are some of the highlights of his speech:
- This debate is about the “the kind of future that we want”.
- “We have put our faith in the free markets and free enterprise.”
- “We are self reliant people”
- At this point he starts quoting Abraham Lincoln saying “We should do together what we can not do as well for ourselves.” Things like national defense, the railroads (what is his fascination with trains?) investments in science and education.
- “Each one of us deserves basic security and dignity.” Federal programs like Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and unemployment insurance. “We would not be a great county without these commitments.”
- Wealthy pay a little more “those who benefited most from our way of life can afford to give back a little more.” “This belief has not hindered the success of those at the top of the income scale.”
It finally comes, at this point in the speech Obama begins blaming his predecessors for the mess we are in. He states that all the spending that has contributed to the debt started in the 1980”s, got better in the 1990’s and then once again got bad in the 2000’s. Let me translate this for you. Reagan and Bush senior started all this, Clinton began to fix it and then Bush Jr. came along and screwed things all up again.
He goes on to blame Bush saying that the debt came from the 2 wars he got us into, the prescription drug program (supported by the left) and the unfunded tax cuts for, guess who, for the wealthy. Again, we blame Bush for all the problems we currently face. Well all I can say is thank God for Clinton who came along to temper all the massive spending that Reagan and Bush started. We would really be in a huge mess had it not been for Clinton. Well depending on your definition of “mess”.
- We must protect the middle class.
- America’s finances were in great shape by the 2000’s.
- We lost our way in the decade following the 1990’s. (Bush’s fault)
- Take cuts that went to every millionaire and billionaire are to blame for the deficit. (Bush’s fault)
- We must “come together to restore the fiscal responsibility that served us so will in the 1990’s.” (Again, Clinton was the man, all the Republican presidents are bums. Blah blah blah blah.)
Does he forget who signed the budgets in the last 2 years? Well he only signed one because the democrats only passed one during his term. So the massive spending that came from the Congress that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid led, that he singed into law aren’t his fault or his parties? Is that what you are telling me Mr. President?
- Tackling the deficit will require tough choices. (Tax increases.)
- 2/3 of budget is spent on Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare and defense.
- 20% for things like unemployment and the like.
- GOP plain would fundamentally change America.
Obama then goes on to use China, South Korea and Brazil as an example for spending on education and clean energy. Gee, I so want to be like China. Apparently Obama does too.
- Uses kids with disabilities who require 24 hour care as example. “These are the America’s we’d be telling to fend for themselves.” under the GOP plan.
He is correct. I wish those kids in wheel chairs would just die. I suppose without the federal government, that is exactly what would happen. I know, lets increase spending for Planned Parenthood and then we wouldn’t have to worry about all those poor disabled kids. We could perform some kind of preemptive strike on the disabled. As soon as I’m done with this post, I’m calling the White House with this one.
- Demonizes the wealthy for making more money and paying less in taxes while raising taxes on seniors.
- Says GOP isn’t serious about reducing deficit, just giving tax cuts to the rich.
- We all need to make sacrifices without changing the America we all know and love.
- Went on to say his budget would cut the deficit while still spending on core investments like medical research, new roads and airports, education, job training and clean energy.
- “We will find additional savings in our defense budget. “
- “Further reduce health care spending.”
- The GOP asks seniors and families to pay the health care bills.
- Obamacare will save 1 billion dollars.
- We will demand more efficiency in Medicare. “I will preserve these health care programs.”
- “Social Security is not the cause of our deficit.”
- Again he talked about not being able to afford tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires. “I refuse to renew them again.”
- Tax code is loaded up with itemized reductions. Millionaires take advantage of this, not the middle class.
- “Reform the individual tax code so it is fair.” (How about the Fair Tax Mr. President?)
- “We should reform our corporate tax code.” (Oh, so you mean that corporations like GE, who’s CEO is your buddy would have to pay taxes? I can support that.)
- Calls eliminating tax deductions “spending reductions in the tax code”
- Everyone makes sacrifices. (Really, I didn’t create the problem.)
- Warren buffet doesn’t need another tax cut. (Yeah, he pays less in taxes then I do as a percentage.)
- Admits that the debt is so large that we can do real damage to the country.
- “We will keep the dream of our founding alive.” (Seriously, you are invoking the Founding Fathers?)
So, what we have is a typical campaign speech by Obama in which he blames Republican administrations, this time not stopping with Bush but going back to Reagan for the nations problems. He cautions that the poor, women and children and seniors are being targeted by the evil Republicans and that the solution is to make the rich pay for all the free crap the government wants to give away.
Is it me or have we heard all this before? See, aren’t you glad I saved you the trouble of watching this? Thank me!
The sad thing is that there are those who will believe him and go right along with what he says as gospel. For the sake of the country, I hope the Republicans in Congress aren’t among those.
Powered by Facebook Comments
August 25, 2013 //
Fellow Virginia Republican, Remember earlier this year when Governor McDonnell and the Republican...
February 27, 2013 //
Virginia Republicans Pass $6 Billion Tax Increase So here we are and the Republican Party has b...
November 28, 2012 //
In a message sent out this morning Bill Bolling has dropped out of the race for Governor. This opens...
August 29, 2012 //
The open letter to Govs. McDonnell and Romney by Rick Boyer - Campbell County: Dear Gov. McDonnel...